Blaisdell Covid-19 Mitigation Policy
Mask Policy - Physical respiratory protection such as a cloth face covering is optional at our events. Should masks be required at an event, we will honor that decision and signs will be posted. Check the event website, if applicable, for details (not our web calendar).
Please be advised that it is the responsibility of the ticket purchaser to communicate these rules to whomever they may be providing tickets to.
Prior to Your Visit
If you or someone in your group doesn’t feel well, has exhibited symptoms of COVID-19 in the previous 5 days, or has been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the previous 5 days, please stay home.
What to Expect When you Visit
OUR STAFF IS THERE TO HELP
Ushers and security guards are available throughout the performance to monitor everyone’s safety, and to assist in any way they can. If you feel uncomfortable at any time, please speak to one of our friendly staff who will assist you.
To ensure timely entry, please arrive early for your performance and check in to make sure all contact tracing policies are followed. Once you have entered, we ask that you move swiftly to your seat to avoid crowding.
COVID-19 Safety and Cleanliness Standards
The Blaisdell Center has recently installed MERV 13 filters in all of the indoor venues to help provide a healthier indoor air quality for guests. These air filters are commonly used by hospitals and is capable of removing tiny air particles from 0.3 to 1 micron.
SANITIZATION & STAFF TRAINING
All sanitation personnel have been trained by a GBAC certified manager.
Cleaning/ Sanitation Products
- Kleenex Foam Skin Cleaner
- Purtabs/ Electrostatic Sprayer
- Hand Sanitizer
- Neutral Disinfectant
- Germ Wipe Disinfect
Event Rules and Regulations
The Blaisdell Center follows the Mayor’s Emergency Orders and as these Orders have expired, we do not require masks at indoor events unless specifically required for an event. The Center will continue to promote safe practices such as hand washing, sanitizing and providing filtered air sources.
The City does not require vaccination checks or negative tests to enter our facilities, however, each event may have their own set of guidelines based on their requirements from artists, union regulations, and their company rules.
Please check the information on the Blaisdell website which summarizes the information provided to us from the promoters of events. Also, check the individual event website which lists their requirements so you are fully aware of what is necessary for entry to the event.
EVENT SPECIFIC RULES FOR GUESTS AT THE BLAISDELL CENTER AND TOM MOFFATT WAIKIKI SHELL
- No coolers, and outside food & drinks allowed.
- No large packages, bags, knapsacks or backpacks allowed unless they arrive empty for the purchase of goods on site. Exceptions are for Diaper bags, small ladies handbags and bags that contain blankets for use on the Tom Moffatt Waikiki Shell lawn. (One per person & subject to search).
- Empty, clear, non-glass containers for water are allowed for filling on site. All steel, glass, or opaque plastic containers are not permitted inside the venues.
- No chairs are allowed on the Tom Moffatt Waikiki Shell lawn. Back rests are the only allowed "chair".
- Blaisdell Center and its staff are not responsible for any items left with security at event bag checks. These bag checks are not check-in points for items not allowed into the venue. It is the responsibility of the patron to secure their item before entering the event facility.
- Any outside alcoholic beverage will be confiscated. Any patron under the age of 21 found drinking alcohol will be subject to ejection and/or arrest.
IN ADDITION TO THE RULES ABOVE:
The Blaisdell Center and Tom Moffatt Waikiki Shell follows all State, City and Federal guidelines in regards to gatherings at our venues. Please visit OneOahu.org for the City’s COVID-19 information about current restrictions and events.
The City does not require the checking of proof of full vaccination or negative test and thus, Blaisdell Center does not require it as well. Should a promoter deem it necessary at their event, the following items would be valid for proof or negative test:
Choose one (1) of these Proofs of Full Vaccination:
- A hard copy of a state-approved or government-issued vaccination card
- A photograph/digital copy of a state-approved or government-issued vaccination card
- A Hawaii state-approved digital/smart device application confirming full vaccination status
- Date of final dose of vaccination must be 14 days before the event to be accepted.
Choose one (1) of these negative tests taken within 48 hours of the event:
- Test taken at valid Covid testing site
- At home tests recorded on an app that shows the date it was taken
**Individuals under the age of 12 will be permitted without a proof of vaccination
The Center’s promise to you:
- To meet the government standards of air circulation and fresh air returns.
- To provide hand sanitizing stations throughout the public areas
- To enhance the cleanliness of public areas and rest rooms using CDC approved cleaning and sanitizing products.
- To provide staff who have been trained in health and safety protocols
- To work with the presenter of events to be sure they follow the best practices for safety at live events