Blaisdell Covid-19 Mitigation Policy
Mask Policy – Physical respiratory protection such as a cloth face covering should be worn whenever people are within six feet (two meters) of each other. Please wear face coverings at all times in interior spaces, which covers your nose and your mouth. For the protection of one’s self and others, wearing face coverings in outdoor spaces is recommended.
Please be advised that it is the responsibility of the ticket purchaser to communicate these rules to whomever they may be providing tickets to.
Prior to Your Visit
If you or someone in your group doesn’t feel well, has exhibited symptoms of COVID-19 in the previous 14 days, or has been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the previous 14 days, please stay home.
What to Expect When you Visit
OUR STAFF IS THERE TO HELP
Ushers and security guards are available throughout the performance to monitor everyone’s safety, and to assist in any way they can. If you feel uncomfortable at any time, please speak to one of our friendly staff who will assist you.
PLEASE RESPECT THE RULES
These rules have been created for the safety of all patrons. Patrons will not be allowed to enter the venue without a mask or if they are exhibiting symptoms of COVID. Patrons who refuse to keep their masks on will be asked to leave the venue without a refund.
To ensure timely entry, please arrive early for your performance and check in to make sure all contact tracing policies are followed. Once you have entered, we ask that you move swiftly to your seat to avoid crowding.
COVID-19 Safety and Cleanliness Standards
The Blaisdell Center has recently installed MERV 13 filters in all of the indoor venues to help provide a healthier indoor air quality for guests. These air filters are commonly used by hospitals and is capable of removing tiny air particles from 0.3 to 1 micron.
SANITIZATION & STAFF TRAINING
All sanitation personnel have been trained by a GBAC certified manager.
Cleaning/ Sanitation Products
- Kleenex Foam Skin Cleaner
- Purtabs/ Electrostatic Sprayer
- Hand Sanitizer
- Neutral Disinfectant
- Germ Wipe Disinfect
Event Rules and Regulations
FOOD AND BEVERAGES
All Food at the Blaisdell Center and Tom Moffatt Waikiki Shell is served (catering) or is grab and go (concessions.) All food and beverage is to be consumed in designated eating areas. In outdoor spaces, this could be your ticketed seating location. Food and beverage cannot be consumed while in transit, or while standing in walkways or in aisles.
EVENT SPECIFIC RULES FOR GUESTS AT THE BLAISDELL CENTER AND TOM MOFFATT WAIKIKI SHELL
- No coolers, and outside food & drinks allowed.
- No large packages, bags, knapsacks or backpacks allowed unless they arrive empty for the purchase of goods on site. Exceptions are for Diaper bags, small ladies handbags and bags that contain blankets for use on the Tom Moffatt Waikiki Shell lawn. (One per person & subject to search).
- Empty, clear, non-glass containers for water are allowed for filling on site. All steel, glass, or opaque plastic containers are not permitted inside the venues.
- No chairs are allowed on the Tom Moffatt Waikiki Shell lawn. Back rests are the only allowed “chair”.
- Blaisdell Center and its staff are not responsible for any items left with security at event bag checks. These bag checks are not check-in points for items not allowed into the venue. It is the responsibility of the patron to secure their item before entering the event facility.
- Any outside alcoholic beverage will be confiscated. Any patron under the age of 21 found drinking alcohol will be subject to ejection and/or arrest.
In Addition to Rules – Emergency Orders for Tier 5
- Face coverings are required to be worn for all indoor spaces, including restrooms at the Tom Moffatt Waikiki Shell. Face coverings are not required outdoors at the Tom Moffatt Waikiki Shell, but face coverings are recommended and encouraged for both vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals while in crowds & large groups. Promoters may require stricter entry guidelines as long as they are posted as part of their Covid Mitigation Plan 10 days prior to their event date.
- Contact tracing information is required for each individual who attends an event. Event promoters will be collecting this information in various ways, so please be prepared to provide your contact information and show an ID to confirm. Children under 18 can be verified by their parents or guardians.
- All indoor events require proof of vaccination or a 48 hour negative Covid test result. Those who are not able to provide verification of their vaccination or test result will not be allowed to enter the event facility.
- NOTE: Each presenting organization may have additional restrictions or suggestions for entry to their performances so we advise reaching out to the organization for more information.